NAmTrans Releases Strategic Plan & Implementation Strategy
NAmTrans Strategic Plan & Implementation Strategy:
Growing our North Country Transportation Equipment & Aerospace Cluster
The North American Center of Excellence for Transportation Equipment (NAmTrans), a subsidiary of the North Country Chamber of Commerce, is pleased to release a new plan for supporting our region's growing Transportation Equipment & Aerospace Cluster.
The NAmTrans Strategic Plan & Implementation Strategy outlines the twofold mission of NAmTrans, 7 strategic goals, 36 key implementation strategies, and a vision statement that will guide all future NAmTrans efforts with, and on behalf of, the region's large and diverse cluster of over fifty transportation equipment and aerospace manufacturers.
In cooperation with the North Country Chamber of Commerce, the NAmTrans Advisory Board, partner organizations, and cluster companies, NAmTrans will implement 36 key strategies that align with, and build-upon, one or more of the 7 strategic goals detailed below.
1) Raise awareness of NAmTrans across current cluster companies, prospective companies, cluster company employees, partners, and the general public;
2) Better understand the commonalities, synergies, needs, and pressure points of companies within the cluster;
3) Develop, provide, and promote resources to the cluster companies including but not limited to, workforce recruitment & retention activities, workforce development training programs, technical assistance, supply chain development, and more;
4) Grow the cluster by filling vendor and supply chain gaps through activities that promote and attract Foreign Direct Investment;
5) Provide opportunities for cluster companies to interact, network, and do business with one another through events and programming hosted by NAmTrans, the Chamber, and our partners;
6) Strengthen relationships with existing partners; and,
7) Develop new partnerships with local, regional, national, and international cluster support organizations, as well as, other organizations that can assist the cluster.
"Since it's creation in 2015, the North American Center of Excellence for Transportation Equipment has worked diligently alongside the North Country Chamber of Commerce and our many partners to provide the support and resources necessary for our North Country Transportation Equipment and Aerospace Manufacturers to grow and thrive," said Joel Wood, NAmTrans Director. "While the goals outlined in our plan are ambitious, they are achievable. The Strategic Plan and Implementation Strategy builds upon our past work, incorporating years of feedback from our cluster companies, and provides a solid framework for our region to become an internationally recognized hub for Transportation Equipment and Aerospace Manufacturing."
"The North Country has gained a meaningful place in the world of transportation equipment and aerospace, and the best is yet to come," states Garry Douglas, President of the North Country Chamber of Commerce. "With this comprehensive plan, our NAmTrans initiative will maximize the benefits and future growth of our extraordinary cluster. We give special thanks to Senator Betty Little and Assemblyman Jones whose support makes the work of NAmTrans possible."
"We’re seeing more and more entrants throughout the transportation sector test and embrace new materials and processes," said Mimi Lane, President of General Composites, Inc. "We’re excited to be a part of the NAmTrans initiative and look forward to sharing with and learning from the group."
Click the button below to read the full plan.
For more information, please contact:
Joel Wood, Director
North American Center of Excellence for Transportation Equipment (NAmTrans)
Office: (518) 563-1000